Dental Implants Advantages and Benefits
Dental Implants advantages and benefits: dental implants are one of the most effective methods to replace a missing tooth. If you lose a tooth, a dental implant can be placed into the jaw bone in place of the root, and a new tooth crown can be built on top of the implant. Due to advances in implant techniques and materials, implants have a 95% success rate- higher than any other method of replacing missing teeth.
What are dental implants
Dental implants are replacements for your natural tooth root. Implants are made of titanium or titanium alloy. This material is not only compatible with your natural bone, but it will allow bone to grow onto it and fuse to it. This process, called osseointegration, allows for an extremely strong and reliable foundation on which to create a new tooth.
Why do you need dental implants
When you lose a tooth it is important to fill the space as quickly as possible for a number of reasons:
- The teeth adjacent and opposite the lost tooth will shift into the toothless area
- Aesthetics will be compromised
- Food will get lodged in the open space causing further decline of oral health
- Bone loss can occur in the jaws limiting treatment options in the future
- Speech can be affected
Dental implants advantages
- Dental implants are one of the most durable methods of replacing missing teeth- 95% success rate
- If a bridge is made to replace a missing tooth, the adjacent good healthy teeth would have to be ground down to replace the missing tooth. Implants do not require filing down other teeth
- If a denture is made to replace the missing teeth, they are often ill-fitting and uncomfortable, move around and need a lot of messy adhesive to keep them in place. Implants are firm and stable and do not need adhesive
- Implants replace the missing teeth and prevent shifting of the adjacent and opposing teeth
- Dental implants help preserve and even improve the appearance affected by loss of teeth
What is the process of getting dental implants
- A careful analysis of your teeth, gums, bite, shade, bone
- Photographs, models of the teeth
- X-rays and possibly also a CT-Scan of the jaws
- Extraction of the bad tooth, placement of the implant (bone grafting can also be done to improve the bone)
- After healing, a crown is placed on the implant. Depending on the situation, a bridge or an overdenture may be place on the implants (dental implant options for replacing missing teeth)
Dental Implants After-care
Brush and floss them as you would all the rest of the teeth. Get periodic checkups. Do not bite on pencils or bobby-pins or nails. Make sure to wear your protective nightguard if you have the habit of clenching or grinding your teeth.
Schedule an Appointment Now
The first step is to schedule a Free, No-Obligation Dental Implant Consultation with us at Pearl Dental Arts for a careful evaluation to see if you can benefit from the dental implants advantages.
Please call us at (215) 504-4070 for our Newtown office or (215) 949-8000 for our Levittown office. Or contact us online.
And remember, A Pearly Smile Will Get You Far!