Follow up Care for Periodontal Treatment
- You can take over-the-counter pain medication for any discomfort you may have.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water today to help remove the bacteria that is present.
- Avoid eating crunchy, spicy, or hot foods today (e.g. tacos, potato chips, carrots,crispy fried chicken.)
- Rinse with warm salt water if your gums are sore and tender (mix 1 tsp. salt in 1 cup warm water.)
- Brush gently today even if your gums are tender to help remove the plaque that has started to reform. Always use gentle fluoridated tartar control toothpaste.
- You don’t need to floss or use any home care aides (e.g. toothpicks) today if there is too much sensitivity. But starting tomorrow, do so each day.
- Follow all our home care instructions exactly as directed. Successful treatment depends directly on the improvement of your oral hygiene.