Porcelain Veneers Advantages and Benefits
Porcelain veneers advantages and benefits: porcelain veneers are one of the most effective methods to achieve an almost perfect smile. And a great smile is very important to enhance our self-confidence. We can walk into an interview or an important business meeting or meet that someone special and be confident when we smile and laugh and talk. We don’t have to be conscious of our irregular teeth and our discolored, unattractive smile. And all this because we take advantage of the many simple yet highly effective benefits of modern cosmetic dentistry. And one of the most long-lasting and effective methods of getting a attractive smile is to get porcelain veneers.
What are porcelain veneers
Porcelain veneers are thin facings of porcelain that are bonded to the outer, visible surfaces of teeth to help create a nice, new look to your smile. An easy way to understand them is to consider how one would put wall-paper or paneling over an existing wall to create a nice, new attractive look to the wall. Similarly, a thin layer of porcelain is custom-made by the dentist to fit over the outside surface of your tooth. This new layer can be made of a pleasant light shade and a perfect shape and size and contour. This veneer is then bonded over your tooth. The end result is a tooth that now has a perfect appearance. Porcelain veneers can be placed on one or several teeth, helping to create a dazzling new smile.
Why do you need porcelain veneers
- Chipped or fractured teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Large, old, discolored fillings
- Irregularly shaped teeth
- Improperly positioned teeth
- Spaces between teeth
Advantages of porcelain veneers
- Porcelain veneers can often be termed as “instant orthodontics”: they can be used to correct spaces between teeth, teeth that are out of line and position, rotated, crowded, overlapping in just two quick visits, often in a week or two
- Porcelain veneers can provide a light, bright shade to teeth that are dark, stained, discolored
- Porcelain retains its shade, shine and gloss very well, for very long, does not discolor, is easy to keep clean
- Porcelain veneers can be done painlessly, without any anesthesia and needles, as the amount of tooth structure drilling is very little or, sometimes, even none
What is the process of getting porcelain veneers
- A careful analysis of your teeth, gums, bite, shade,
- Photographs, models of the teeth
- Selective correction of irregularities of teeth
- Minimal (or even none) reshaping of the teeth to provide room for the thickness of the porcelain of the veneers: very often, these veneers are as thin as contact lenses
- Molds (impressions) of the teeth are taken to send to the lab. to custom-make the porcelain veneers. Temporary veneers are placed
- At the next visit, usually in two weeks, the porcelain veneers are bonded to the teeth
Porcelain Veneers After-care
Brush and floss them as you would all the rest of the teeth. Get periodic checkups. Do not bite on pencils or bobby-pins or nails. Make sure to wear your protective nightguard if you have the habit of clenching or grinding your teeth.
Schedule an Appointment Now
The first step is to schedule a Free, No-Obligation Cosmetic Consultation with us at Pearl Dental Arts for a careful evaluation to see if you can befit from the porcelain veneers advantages.
Please call us at (215) 504-4070 for our Newtown office or (215) 949-8000 for our Levittown office. Or contact us online.
And remember, A Pearly Smile Will Get You Far!