Customized Full & Partial Dentures
Denture Repairs & Denture Relines
At Pearl Dental Arts, we make:
1) Full Dentures,
2) Partial Dentures, which can be (a) all-acrylic, or (b) metal and acrylic combination or (c) flexible (such as Valplast or Flexite)
3) Immediate Dentures, where the new dentures can be placed immediately after the teeth are extracted, so you do not have to go without teeth even for a single day.
All our dentures are extremely custom-made, and are designed to look right and fit right
- First, we start off with a very good, accurate impression of the jaws.
- Next, we take precise bite records so that the teeth are placed at the right position for speech, chewing, and appearance. You get to pick the shade of the new denture teeth.
- We pay a great deal of attention to ensuring that the dentures offer adequate support to the lips and cheeks to prevent the typical sunk-in look of denture wearers.
- We then have you preview a trial denture or a fitting denture so that you can see how the final denture is going to look and feel in your mouth and how your bite will be. This fitting denture is still in wax so we can modify it and reposition the teeth to your liking. Only when you are satisfied with this stage, we then get the denture processed in acrylic.
- That’s the final denture that you receive, a highly customized beautiful work that looks good, is comfortable to wear and is very functional, both when chewing and talking.
Denture repairs and denture relines are also done at Pearl Dental Arts
Denture repairs would be needed if:
(1) the denture (Full denture or Partial denture) cracks; it can be in two pieces or a portion of the denture may be broken
(2) one or more teeth may have fallen off the denture
(3) a clasp ( that's the clips holding up the partial) may break.
Denture relines are done to improve the fit of old dentures. With continuous wear of dentures, the gums are always changing and the fit of the denture is not the same as when they were made initially. Spaces develop between the gums and the denture, and the suction of the denture decreases and the dentures fit very loose. As a result, the denture-wearer has to use a lot of denture adhesive (paste or powder) to hold the denture in place and gain some confidence when talking and chewing. Instead of all this gooey, detestable stuff sticking to the gums, a denture reline can be done. A new lining is added to the denture and that fills up any voids and spaces between the gums and the denture and restores the fit.
Denture relines can either be done right in our office while you wait, or we can send the denture to the laboratory for the reline.
We also place dental implants so the new dentures can be stable and secure in chewing and you can smile and talk with confidence
The new replacement teeth made over implants can be either
(1) the removable, snap-on type, called an overdenture, which can be taken out and put back in easily by the patient or
(2) the fixed bridge type, which cannot be removed by the patient as they are securely connected to the implants.
If you have several teeth that are failing and need them extracted and replaced with an immediate denture, or you have old dentures that need to be remade, repaired or relined, contact us for advise on how best to restore your smile, your confidence and function.
COME IN FOR A FREE CONSULTATION RIGHT AWAY.
Please call us at 215-504-4070 for our Newtown office or 215-949-8000 for our Levittown office or you can contact us online.
"Getting dental implants has changed my life. I can now eat steak with my dentures in! I would recommend Pearl Dental Arts to anyone with apprehensions about finding the best dental care."Satisfied Patient