A removable partial denture is designed specifically to meet the needs of the patient and can replace one or more missing teeth. A natural appearance and speech clarity is restored along with the ability to eat more efficiently.
Partial Denture Types and Materials
Partial dentures are created out of a metal and acrylic composition or completely out of acrylic. A patient’s specific needs and anatomy dictate the design of the partial denture and every effort is made to construct a self-cleansing partial denture that preserves the remaining teeth and oral tissues.
Dr. Paghdiwala will design your partial denture so that the chewing forces are evenly distributed over the entire surface of the remaining teeth and soft tissues. Changes to your remaining teeth may be recommended to help equalize these forces.
A Flexible Option To Restore Your Smile- Valplast Dentures
If you are missing a few teeth and need a comfortable, non-metallic, esthetic denture, a flexible partial denture, such as Valplast or Flexite, may be the solution for you. A Valplast denture is flexible, comfortable and most importantlyu, looks like your natural teeth.
Advantages of Valplast Partial Dentures
100% flexible. No metallic Taste. Soft and comfortable. Minimum tissue irration. Absolutely unbreakable. Cost-effective. Superior esthetics. Non-allergenic (no metal).
Valplast dentures are made from a biocompatible, non-allergenic, nylon material that provides the perfect degree of flexibility.
The strong, durable plastic snaps into place securely and comfortably around the natural teeth and gums. The color of the denture material blends with the natural appearance of the gums so that the Valplast partial is almost invisible.
Since the entire Valplast denture is made of plastic, it eliminates the metallic taste as well as the bulky and unesthetic metal clasps and connectors of tradional metallic, cast partial dentures.
We now also make clear, transparent flexible partials with clear clasps.
Steps involved in making a Valplast flexible denture:
1) Impressions- we take impressions or molds of your teeth.
2) Bite- We prepare a bite platform of wax and we shape and size it down to the correct level so that our denture laboratory can position the new partial denture teeth to look and feel good and bite properly.
3) Try-in – we try in the partial in your mouth while the teeth are still in a base of wax to make sure you like and approve of the color, size, arrangement and bite of the new partial denture before it is completed in the Valplast material.
4) Partial denture delivery- We finally give you your new flexible Valplast partial denture.
5) Follow-up and adjustments- We always bring our patients for a review of their new denture and for any adjustments they may need.
Benefits of Partial Dentures
A removable partial denture may help limit movement of your existing natural teeth. They also allow you to better grind and chew food improving digestion.
Please call us at 215-949-8000 or contact us online to set up an immediate appointment for a free, no-obligation consult to learn how Valplast partial dentures can work for you.